- Medical Biller - We're looking for a motivated medical biller to form part of great team. Job responsibilities:
- Reviews daily system-generated error reports to correct or complete missing data elements.
- Assists in implementing solutions to reduce billing errors.
- Accurately posts physician charges in Practice Insight according to office policy.
- Completes electronic submission of claims to electronic carriers.
- Accurately posts all payments, whether manually or electronically.
- Prepares daily deposit according to office policy.
- Recognizes and corrects posting/coding errors when needed.
- Performs account follow-up for unpaid insurance and patient balances.
- Submits patients’ accounts to Billing Supervisor for collection agency consideration.
- Research and prepare refunds on accounts and submit to Billing Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and requested.
- Continuously able to multi-task.
- Submit CMS 1500 paper billing.
- Answer phone, route calls as necessary.
- Schedule and confirm appointments.
- Working A/R reports for patients and insurance.
- Answer billing phone calls.
Qualifications: High School Education or GED required. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Knowledge of CPT, ICD-coding and medical billing are required. Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills and basic computer skills required.
Experience: Previous computerized billing experience preferred. Knowledge of billing principles, processes and techniques. Ability to make mathematical computations, solve problems and plan effectively.