Surgical treatment of Thyroid and Parathyroid disorders including Thyroid Cancer
As two of the busiest thyroid and parathyroid surgeons in the region, Drs. Goldberg and Stafford provide safe and consistent outcomes in the surgical treatment of thyroid and parathyroid disorders. To achieve this, we combine a thorough preoperative assessment, meticulous surgical technique, and state of the art tools such as recurrent laryngeal nerve monitoring and the rapid parathyroid hormone assay.
We offer in-office diagnostic thyroid ultrasound and perform ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspiration of thyroid nodules in a comfortable, stress-free environment. Finally, we place paramount importance upon open communication with your primary care physician and endocrinologist to aid in your postoperative care. The scope of our surgical services includes:
- Benign and malignant tumors of the thyroid.
- Thyroid lobectomy and Total Thyroidectomy for benign conditions including Thyroid Goiter, Grave’s disease, and benign thyroid nodules.
- Total Thyroidectomy, Comprehensive Central Compartment Neck Dissection, and Lateral Neck Dissection for the treatment of malignant tumors of the thyroid include Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma, Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma, Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma and Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma.
- Benign and Malignant conditions of the parathyroid.
- Hyperparathyroidism from parathyroid adenoma or parathyroid hyperplasia.
- Parathyroid carcinoma.